Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Livescribe's latest smartpen draws heavily on iOS  (Read 340 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 28, 2013, 11:01:14 am »

Livescribe's latest smartpen draws heavily on iOS

I’m an easy person to spot at meetings. While everyone else is dutifully tapping away at their iPads, I’m still scribbling down notes with pen and paper like a 20th century chump. It’s not that I’m a luddite, but after trying out a parade of note-taking apps for the iPad, I’ve just never found anything in the digital world that matches handwritten notes.

Livescribe says I’m not the only one to feel this way. According to the digital penmaker’s internal research, roughly two-thirds of smartphone and tablet users still prefer pen and paper for jotting down notes in meetings, lectures, or whenever they’re on the go. But the company thinks its latest offering will be the one that causes us holdouts to cast aside our old-school pens for a digital counterpart.

The company’s latest smartpen, the Livescribe 3, goes on sale Monday online, with the pen arriving in stores next week. In addition to a slimmer design, the Livescribe 3 promises tight integration with the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, thanks to a just-released iOS companion app.

Livescribe 3 smartpen
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2058299/livescribes-latest-smartpen-draws-heavily-on-ios.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: