Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iTunes iOS syncing gone? Solve it with Server!  (Read 404 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 07, 2013, 11:01:17 am »

iTunes iOS syncing gone? Solve it with Server!

Readers X, Y, and Z are unhappy with Mavericks and iTunes. They write:

We recently read that you can’t sync your iOS devices’ contacts and calendars with iTunes. We are very, very angry. What can be done about this outrage!?

I understand and sympathize. Given the ever-greater concerns over privacy it does seem short-sighted to allow only contact and calendar syncing via an online service such as iCloud. I do have a solution. But it costs $20 and it might elicit responses along the lines of “I can’t believe you are suggesting that I…” followed by a string of obscenities. To help protect my delicate feelings I provide the Anger Trough™ below. I hope that those who find it difficult to harness their most fervent feelings will purge their emotions into it before we proceed.

Better? Great. Then let’s get to it.

My $20 suggestion is that you set up local CardDAV and CalDAV servers for syncing contacts and events respectively. With such servers you can easily sync your contacts and calendar events between your Mac and iOS devices over your wireless network without a lot of bother. In fact, the bother is all in configuring Mac OS X Mavericks Server, which you can purchase from the Mac App Store. Here’s how to perform each configuration.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2061183/itunes-ios-syncing-gone-solve-it-with-server-.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: