Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting started with iMovie 10  (Read 490 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 15, 2013, 11:01:18 am »

Getting started with iMovie 10

When we last gathered in these hallowed halls, Apple had released Mavericks and I gave you a tour of its most visible new features. Prior to that, we were just getting into the mechanics of iMovie ’11. But wouldn’t you know it, Apple released a new version of that program as well. And that leaves us where?

As the keeper of these classes, I’ve formed a plan. A plan that goes a little like this: Nearly everything I’ve taught you about the Mac in these Mac 101 lessons is just as applicable today as it was when I wrote the original lessons. Mavericks has a handful of new features, but it’s not a radical departure from Mountain Lion. So there’s no reason to start again. Similarly, the new iPhoto is nearly a carbon copy of the previous version, so we can leave it alone too. The new iMovie 10, however, is different enough from its predecessor that it makes sense to reboot that series, this time focusing on what it has to offer.

So open your notebooks, update your copy of iMovie (it’s free if you already have a copy on your Mac), and let’s begin.
Interface changes
In our first iMovie ’09 lesson, I took you on a tour of the interface and pointed out the five panes and the central toolbar that iMovie used to do its business. With iMovie 10, Apple rejiggered the interface—so back we go to see where each element now lives.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2063380/getting-started-with-imovie-10.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: