Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't trust this: Inconsistencies shake faith in Apple  (Read 711 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 20, 2013, 11:01:16 am »

Can't trust this: Inconsistencies shake faith in Apple

When it comes to Apple, I’m a pretty trusting guy. I trust that Apple will protect my data the best that it can. I trust that Apple will continue to release new iPhones, iPads, and Macs every year. I trust that the company won’t suddenly turn into an evil conglomerate bent on world destruction.

But in day-to-day practical terms, there are several important ways in which I don’t trust Apple. Given how much I rely on the company, that’s a problem.
Speechless Siri
I can’t trust Siri. No one loves Siri more than I do—or at least more than I used to. The problem is that these days using Siri has started to feel like being a contestant on Press Your Luck. Sometimes, my reminders are saved near instantly, my iMessages composed and sent as fast as I can speak. That’s wonderful—it’s delightful technology at its best.

Other times, though, I get that Siri response that makes me want to smash my iPhone’s delicate screen against the nearest available hard surface: “I’m really sorry about this, but I can’t take any requests right now.” Siri, like so much in life, is good only when it actually does what it’s supposed to.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2064275/cant-trust-this-inconsistencies-shake-faith-in-apple.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: