Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad AppleScript: Subroutines and file paths  (Read 327 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 08, 2014, 02:00:14 pm »

Bad AppleScript: Subroutines and file paths

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
When I learned to program, programs had line numbers. You’d type <code>GOTO 10</code> or <code>GOSUB 5000</code> and that would control the flow of your program. When I first saw a programming language that didn’t have line numbers–I think it was Pascal—I couldn’t comprehend it.</p><p>
Well, we’ve come a long way. I can’t type <code>GOSUB 5000</code> anymore, but subroutines can be incredibly valuable in simplifying even Bad AppleScripts.</p><p>
Many of my colleagues and I write our articles for Macworld in Bare Bones Software’s BBEdit text editor, using the Markdown plain-text markup language invented by John Gruber. One of the nice things about working on the Web is not having to standardize on any single app or even one style—in the end, all that matters is that we paste our story into our Web-based posting tool in HTML format.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2139280/bad-applescript-subroutines-and-file-paths.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Bad AppleScript: Subroutines and file paths
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: