Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to set a default To address in Mavericks' Mail  (Read 473 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 29, 2014, 02:00:19 pm »

How to set a default To address in Mavericks' Mail

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Fran Drakes has an issue with autofill and Mavericks’ Mail app. She writes:</p>

My husband has three email addresses. I almost always want to send to his Mac.com address, and for years, that’s what Mail automatically used when I typed his name. But when I upgraded to Mavericks (at least that’s what appears to have been the trigger), Mail decided that I really wanted to send to his Yahoo address. So every time I add him to an email, I have to manually change the auto-filled address to his Mac.com address. Is there a way to force Mail to always use the same address?

<p>
I sympathise. With Mavericks’ Mail, auto-fill will choose the first alphabetical address, regardless of the order it appears in a contact’s card. For example, in the case of bubba1@example.com, bubba2@example.com, and bubba3@example.com, bubba1 will be auto-fill’s choice. So let’s take it out of auto-fill’s hands and tell Contacts and Mail exactly what we’d like to have happen.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2158621/how-to-set-a-default-to-address-in-mavericks-mail.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to set a default To address in Mavericks' Mail
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: