Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding the limitations of a Mac's microphone  (Read 310 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 26, 2014, 09:00:22 am »

Understanding the limitations of a Mac's microphone

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Ross Andrus is seeking greater fidelity from his MacBook Air. He writes:</p>

I have a MacBook Air and I’m trying to record me singing and playing guitar with it but it sounds pretty bad. Is there anything I can do to improve its sound?

<p>
Yes. At the risk of sounding harsh, you should get a real microphone (or two).</p><p>
The microphone inside your MacBook Air was designed with speech (and FaceTime) in mind and can be adjusted in only a couple of ways. Go to System Preferences &gt; Sound &gt; Input and you’ll see that you can change the microphone’s gain (its input volume) using the slider that sits between the two microphone icons. Drag the slider to the right and the mic is more sensitive to sound.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2367142/understanding-the-limitations-of-a-macs-microphone.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Understanding the limitations of a Mac's microphone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: