Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three smart tricks for managing printers in OS X  (Read 393 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 03, 2014, 09:00:23 pm »

Three smart tricks for managing printers in OS X

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Recently, one of our writers, Topher Kessler, wrote what I thought was a really good piece for us. The topic: printer management. To be honest, when he first proposed the story, I wondered, How much is there to say about printer management, really? Well, it turns out, there was quite a bit I didn’t know about printer management in OS X. He came up with a bunch of tips that were new to me.</p><h2>Nearby printers</h2>
<p>
The first one is the simplest: You probably know about adding new printers in the Printer &amp; Scanners preference pane. But there’s another way to add a new printer to your system: Open the Print dialog in any document and, in the Printer drop-down menu, select Nearby Printers. Choosing a printer from that list will cause OS X to install its driver and set it up for use.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2449561/three-printer-management-tricks.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Three smart tricks for managing printers in OS X
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: