Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dropping Dropbox: Exploring alternatives  (Read 673 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 07, 2014, 09:00:19 pm »

Dropping Dropbox: Exploring alternatives

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
For purely personal reasons I’ve chosen to abandon Dropbox. But that doesn’t mean my desire to share files with others has likewise vanished. I need an alternative that includes many of the things offered by Dropbox.</p><p>
Of course that includes free storage as well as the ability to share files with others. And then there’s the extent to which the service is supported by apps and platforms. One of Dropbox’s clear advantages is that a large number of iOS apps hook directly into it. If an app has file sharing capabilities, there’s a good chance that Dropbox is one of its share options.</p><p>
Thankfully, Dropbox, though popular, isn’t the only game in town. Microsoft’s OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive), Google Drive, SugarSync, and Box.com also offer free storage and file sharing features. I took a gander at each one to compare not only the kind of storage offered for free, but the ease with which you can share files with others. This is the story of my search for a replacement.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2449854/dropping-dropbox-exploring-alternatives.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Dropping Dropbox: Exploring alternatives
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: