Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comic-Con: iPads are mainstream, but there's still digital drama  (Read 420 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 31, 2014, 09:00:20 am »

Comic-Con: iPads are mainstream, but there's still digital drama

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
I’ve been reading comics on and off since I was a kid, and I went to college in San Diego, yet I never attended San Diego Comic-Con International until the release of the iPad. I was drawn by the impact that device would have on the comics industry, and sure enough, over the past five years there’s been massive change.</p><p>
But the story that drew me to my first Comic-Con is, it seems to me, drawing to an end. The industry freak-outs about how digital comics were going to destroy printed comics and comic shops? They’re gone, by and large. (This doesn’t mean that the industry isn’t changing—just this week a venerable retailer announced it probably wouldn’t return to the show.) The shouting is over and digital comics are just another part of the landscape.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2458891/comic-con-ipads-are-mainstream-but-theres-still-digital-drama.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Comic-Con: iPads are mainstream, but there's still digital drama
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: