Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The secret to great presentations: it's not about the software  (Read 342 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 31, 2014, 09:00:20 am »

The secret to great presentations: it's not about the software

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
I’ve sat through countless dull PowerPoint and Keynote presentations. And I’ll admit that some of my own have been snoozers, too. Based on my observations of presentations by others, and on feedback I’ve received about my own, I’d like to share one simple tip for making your presentations better: Don’t focus on your presentation software.</p><p>
You read that right: In some of the most successful presentations I’ve seen, I barely noticed what was on the screen. If your audience leaves feeling informed, inspired, or entertained, you’ve done a better job than if they leave talking about your fancy 3D effects.</p><h2>Start with the message</h2>
<p>
Nobody watches an Apple keynote to see the slides. They watch to see Tim Cook and other executives in action and learn about new products. Sure, there’ll be some interesting photos, charts, and statistics. But those are there only to supplement and reinforce what the speakers say. Or consider politicians, preachers, comedians, and TED presenters, all of whom convey the bulk of their messages with speech alone. The essence of your talk is the words you say, not what you put on the screen.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2457994/the-secret-to-great-presentations-its-not-about-the-software.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The secret to great presentations: it's not about the software
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: