Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Jobs Confims that OS X Won't Be Left Behind  (Read 1930 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 14, 2010, 04:11:37 am »

Steve Jobs Confims that OS X Won't Be Left Behind

Another day, another email from Steve Jobs. This time, Jobs is responding to cries that the Mac OS X operating system has been left in the dust by Apple's development team, and that there will be no mention of a 10.7 update at this summer's WWDC.Technology pundit John Gruber first instilled this fear with the following statement: "It’s my educated guess that there will be no 10.7 news at WWDC this year, and probably none until WWDC 2011.  Apple’s company-wide focus has since been focused intensely on one thing: iPhone OS 4.1 The number one priority at Apple is to grow mobile market share faster than Android. Anything that is not directly competitive with Android is on the back burner.” Naturally, this sent chills through the bodies of Apple faithful. A reader over at 9to5Mac took it upon himself to get to the bottom of it all. He emailed Jobs his concerns about Apple cutting into OS X development to make way for its mobile operating systems. "I was wondering, is it true that the iPhone 4 is cutting into OSX development causing a delay, as a big Mac user, this is of huge concern to me. I just hope your balancing development and working as much as you can. Is OSX development still a huge priority? I have a worry that Apple is branching away from computers and not updating their computer customers as much."Apple CEO Steve Jobs simple replied with, "No. Not to worry." So, there you have it folks. Along with the new MacBook Pros announced today, there might also be a software update to accompany it.

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/steve_jobs_confims_os_x_wont_be_left_behind

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: