Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keep it Reel: Record, mix, and release a professional recording on your iPad  (Read 387 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 04, 2014, 09:00:16 pm »

Keep it Reel: Record, mix, and release a professional recording on your iPad

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
The iPad has become an incredible tool for musicians who wish to quickly and confidently record and produce live music on their tablet. Recently, I had the opportunity to produce and record a session for Ella Joy Meir, using just my iPad, software, and recording accessories. Last week, I covered when you might want to use an iPad and what you need to get started; now, let’s talk about the actual recording and post-production process.</p><h2>Recording, editing, and mixing</h2>
<p>
There are two versions of the Auria app: one that allows you to record up to 24 tracks (Auria LE, $25) and a more powerful version that can record up to 48 audio tracks (Auria, $50). Auria’s touch interface is excellent: I really believe that using your fingers to trim, fade, cut, copy, and paste the audio regions is the easiest way to edit audio; it removes most of the layers (keyboard, mouse, and control surface) that stand between me and the music when I use more traditional computer-based recording systems. In my experience, the touch interface also makes editing a much speedier task. Another big advantage of Auria is that it offers many of the mixing features usually available only on a computer-based platform, including plug-ins (available via in-app purchase).</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2459953/keep-it-reel-record-mix-and-release-a-professional-recording-on-your-ipad.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Keep it Reel: Record, mix, and release a professional recording on your iPad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: