Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keepin' It Real Fake: iPad meets Mini Me  (Read 623 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 25, 2010, 11:00:06 pm »

Keepin' It Real Fake: iPad meets Mini Me

Filed under: Odds and ends

It's always a fun moment when a friend comes by to say "Yeah, I just got this Android 7" tablet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to send it back." Not without letting us take a quick snapshot, you're not! This $199 KIRF tablet is a dead ringer for a squeezed, shrunk-down iPad -- there's even a little square on the Home button, even though it's a bit cockeyed.

The battery had run down on this unit (a hardware on/off switch! How quaint), but it's running a build of Android 2.1 that's fairly well convinced it's on a phone -- down to the non-functional signal bars on the screen.

Pictured here with the genuine article, the miniPad seems to be scaled for a smaller, cozier world. At least it might fit in a pocket.

If you've got pictures of ersatz Apple wannabe gear in the field, pop them in our Flickr feed and shoot us a note.

Thanks Christien!TUAWKeepin' It Real Fake: iPad meets Mini Me originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/07/23/keepin-it-real-fake-ipad-meets-mini-me/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: