Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to free up space on a packed hard drive  (Read 445 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 28, 2014, 09:00:21 am »

How to free up space on a packed hard drive

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Donna Vincent has a lot of files and little remaining storage space. She writes:</p>

I’ve been a Mac user for a long time and am accustomed to having space for a lot of files. That’s changed now that my MacBook Air uses an SSD drive. I find that I’m running low on storage but don’t have a plan on how to free up space. Any advice?

<p>
There are tried and true means for going about this. These techniques should help.</p><h2>Seek out large files</h2>
<p>
In the old days the Finder didn’t allow you to search for files by size. Recent versions of the Mac OS make this possible. In the Finder just press Command-F and in the resulting Searching “This Mac” window, choose to view your files in a list. Click on the Kind pop-up menu and choose Other. In the sheet that appear enter “size” in the Search field, enable the In Menu option that appears next to the File Size option, and click OK.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2599241/how-to-free-up-space-on-a-packed-hard-drive.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to free up space on a packed hard drive
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: