Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why old iPhones become sluggish over time  (Read 348 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 29, 2014, 09:00:19 am »

Why old iPhones become sluggish over time

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
One of the unusual consequences of being in the computer business is that I tend to own more devices than the average person. Therefore, when a family friend recently broke her iPhone 4s, I didn’t hesitate to visit the Tabini Museum of Antique Handsets and Tablets in my basement and dig out my old iPhone 4 to lend to her for a few weeks. After all, with a new model all but certain to be announced by mid-September, it would make little sense to purchase a new handset before then.</p><p>
After restoring the phone and upgrading it to iOS 7, I couldn’t help but notice that the user interface felt a little sluggish and that the battery didn’t last quite as long as it used to. It wasn’t unusable, mind you, but it certainly wasn’t quite the lean, mean, mobile machine I remembered. Was Apple trying to tell me something by allowing me to upgrade to an operating system that was too big for my handset’s britches?</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2599505/why-old-iphones-become-sluggish-over-time.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Why old iPhones become sluggish over time
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: