Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands-on: New iPhones pack big features in thin package  (Read 317 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 11, 2014, 09:00:16 pm »

Hands-on: New iPhones pack big features in thin package

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Few announcements summon as much attention as a brand new iPhone, and this year, for the second time in as many years, Apple gave us two models of its smartphone to pore over. I got my mitts on the newest mobile devices in the hands-on area after Tuesday’s event, and here are a few first impressions about the latest entries in Apple’s mobile-handset line.</p><h2>Size matters <strike>not</strike></h2>
<p>
When you first glance at the new iPhones, it’s the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus that draws the eye, because it is—at least at first glance—comically large. It's far, far bigger than any iPhone we’ve seen to date; it looks to me more like a small iPad mini than a large iPhone. The 5.5-inch Retina HD Display (as Apple has termed the new screen) is absolutely gorgeous, as you might expect, and looks almost painted on. Every app I launched looked beautiful; if there were any apps not yet recoded to take advantage of the iPhone’s larger sizes, they were not immediately apparent.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2604694/hands-on-new-iphones-pack-big-features-in-thin-package.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Hands-on: New iPhones pack big features in thin package
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: