Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got an iPhone 6? Do these 10 things first  (Read 458 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 22, 2014, 09:00:32 am »

Got an iPhone 6? Do these 10 things first

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
It’s here! Your iPhone is here! Did you hug the UPS man? Thing Zero to do as you rip it out of the box is to not drop it, whatever you do. (Did you see that poor Australian kid? Ouch. Well, at least it didn’t shatter on him.)</p><p>
We’ve got a fully comprehensive setup guide if you need step-by-step assistance—think of this as the Cliffs Notes version. These are the 10 things you should do first.</p><h2>1. Back up your old phone</h2>
<p>
I forgot to do this first, so once I’d turned my new iPhone on and it asked if I wanted a new phone or a restored backup, I had to sadly put the phone down and pick up my suddenly small-and-sad-seeming iPhone 5c. iTunes is the fastest way to do a backup, so tether to your Mac with the appropriate USB cable (I know, like a caveman) and fire up iTunes. Select your iPhone, and under Backups, choose This Computer. Checking Encrypt local backup is a good idea not just for privacy, but also because that way your account passwords are stored and you won’t have to enter them all again. Click the button to Back up now.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2686003/got-an-iphone-6-do-these-10-things-first.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Got an iPhone 6? Do these 10 things first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: