Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Too much unwanted email? Use these tricks for identifying and unsubscribing  (Read 366 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 30, 2014, 03:00:19 am »

Too much unwanted email? Use these tricks for identifying and unsubscribing

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Betina Baylor would like to do something about removing her name from marketing email. She writes:</p>

Over the years I’ve purchased items from a variety of online merchants as well as signed up for some recommendation services. Because I have, I receive a lot of email from these places and I’d like to stop getting some of it. Do you have any suggestions for identifying and stopping these messages?

<p>
I do. Rather than suggest that you click through every message in your Inbox seeking Unsubscribe links, let’s use the power of email filters to bring these messages to your attention.</p><p>
If you’re using Apple’s Mail, try this: Choose Mailbox &gt; New Smart Mailbox. In the sheet that appears name your mailbox Unsubscribe. Configure the first condition in the area below to read Entire message contains unsubscribe. Click the plus (+) button and configure another condition to read Entire message contains “privacy policy”. Click plus again and create a third condition that reads Entire message contains “manage your account”. Click on the All pop-up menu above the conditions, choose Any, and click OK.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2688105/too-much-unwanted-email-use-these-tricks-for-identifying-and-unsubscribing.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Too much unwanted email? Use these tricks for identifying and unsubscribing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: