Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nixeus VUE27D DisplayPort Monitor review: Big, bargain monitor cuts too many corners  (Read 392 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 03, 2014, 03:00:21 pm »

Nixeus VUE27D DisplayPort Monitor review: Big, bargain monitor cuts too many corners

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
The Nixeus VUE27D is an affordable, 27-inch desktop LCD display that combines an LED-backlit IPS panel with one of the crappiest stands I’ve seen.</p><p>
Nixeus takes an interesting approach here: Use high-quality components where it counts (screen and backlight), but keep the price down by cutting back on features such as speakers, webcams, input options, and integrated USB hubs that might never be used. If the designers had stopped there, this review would have turned out much different.</p><p>
Upon opening the box, I knew this was going to be a different sort of experience. I can’t remember the last time I needed screws and a screwdriver to attach a display’s base to its stand, and the stand to the display. Eight screws later, the assembled stand offered height adjustment and can tilt, swivel and even pivot into portrait mode. But it was also wobbly, and I found it difficult to level the screen. The display seemed to tilt a bit to the right. When I adjusted its height, gravity would sometimes win and the display would sink back down.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2689850/nixeus-vue27d-displayport-monitor-review-big-bargain-monitor-cuts-too-many-corners.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Nixeus VUE27D DisplayPort Monitor review: Big, bargain monitor cuts too many corners
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: