Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice from an Apple tech: How to recover a mangled Windows drive with OS X  (Read 313 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 10, 2014, 03:00:19 am »

Advice from an Apple tech: How to recover a mangled Windows drive with OS X

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
You can learn a lot from your mistakes—especially when they’re big ones involving accidental damage to a family member’s computer.</p><p>
On a recent trip back home to Rhode Island, I wound up volunteering to update my sister’s PC laptop to Windows 7 and to give it a full scan for malware. Nothing too over-the-top, just the usual babysitting of progress bars with no expectations of anything going wrong.</p><p>
It was only when I decided to combine this project with taking the family’s yellow lab (Wilbur) for a walk that things went completely wrong. In the midst of the malware scan, with the hard drive running flat out, the overexcited pooch’s leash got tangled with the laptop’s power cord, sending the laptop over the side of the table and bouncing sideways off a chair before I could catch it.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2824153/advice-from-an-apple-tech-how-to-recover-a-mangled-windows-drive-with-os-x.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Advice from an Apple tech: How to recover a mangled Windows drive with OS X
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: