Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here--- New to Macs  (Read 5197 times)
MacDaddy

« on: July 31, 2010, 07:12:45 pm »

Hey all, I'm from Michigan and we have nothing better too do then play with OS of any kind.

I currently bought a Powermac G5 1.8gz duel core (NON INTEL). The highest OSX I can put on it is Leopard. Which's limits what I can do.

So being that I'm way more well versed in Windows. I want to build a Hackintosh out of one of my Windows PCs.

So my question to anyone with a HACKINTOSH is what steps should I take? And what PC's would work best to install Snow Leopard OSX? Does the USB boot work well? Or Bootcamp?

Anyway this is what I got...

Gateway

Intel Duel Core 2.5
2 GIG DDR2 Ram
250GB NTFS HD
Nforce onboard GFX

Or

Custom Built

Gigabyte SLI AM2+ MOBO
AMD 9950+ Quad Core 2.66
4 GB 800mhz DDR2 RAM
Geforce BFG 9800GTX
SATA Raptor 80GB NTFS
SATA WD 500GB NTFS
SATA Pioneer DVD Burner

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help get me started..

bozio

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 10:38:28 pm »

welcome.

example....

GYGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P

check here.

Install Snow Leopard on Your Hackintosh PC, No Hacking Required
Code:
http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow-leopard-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required

MacDaddy

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 06:07:01 pm »

Thanks for the info... My flash drive is ready... Now one last question all of my spare Hard Drives are Formatted in NTFS. Which if I remember correctly you cannot reformat to Fat 32. Will this work on NTFS if not is there a way to get back to FAT 32?
bokz2

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 06:56:00 pm »

You can format by Disk Utility.

check here
Code:
http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow-leopard-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required

Step 3: Install Snow Leopard
MacDaddy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 04:47:45 pm »

Wow I think it did work formatting from NTFS to a MAC Format. The only reason I'm unsure is because I have my Flash drive all set up to install. I get the first apple install screen. Then it goes to a logo called Obey. I think this may be a bad copy of SL. Also does anyone know if a Hackintosh is legal to sell to the public? I ask this because I have allot of midlevel PC's laying around and I think this would make them more interesting.
MacDaddy

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 09:21:58 pm »

OK I successfully Boot  to the select a hard drive screen... I formatted a 50gig split MAC jornaled partition on my Mac then left the other partition NTFS like it was. I select the empty reformatted drive that has a apple on it. Then it throws a kennal not found error..  Did I format the drive correctly? Should I of used Fat 32? I feel I'm so close I can taste it please help..
bozio

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 10:55:30 pm »

http://hackintosh.org/index.php/topic,7259.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: