Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to keep iCloud Keychain from adding old email accounts  (Read 420 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 10, 2014, 03:00:21 pm »

How to keep iCloud Keychain from adding old email accounts

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Reader Carrie Lane finds her Mac populated with old email accounts. She writes:</p>
Since I upgraded to Yosemite, the Mail app has started asking for passwords for accounts that I no longer use. I didn’t add them when I first set up Yosemite. What’s going on?

<p>
iCloud Keychain is what’s going on. At one time you added these accounts to another device you own. When you enabled iCloud Keychain on that device, it made note of these accounts. When you then set up Yosemite and enabled iCloud Keychain on your Mac, iCloud—thinking it was doing you a favor—added those old accounts.</p><p>
Regrettably there’s no way to edit out this kind of thing in iCloud Keychain—where you can dictate “Sync this one, but not that one.” But hope isn’t entirely lost.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2844150/how-to-keep-icloud-keychain-from-adding-old-email-accounts.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to keep iCloud Keychain from adding old email accounts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: