Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qualcomm's AllPlay promises to deliver audiophile-quality wireless music streaming  (Read 373 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 23, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »

Qualcomm's AllPlay promises to deliver audiophile-quality wireless music streaming

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Three days after I wrote TechHive’s DTS Play-Fi roundup, Qualcomm wined and dined me to spin the tale of its own multi-room audio solution, dubbed AllPlay. Actually, it was cool water and a breakfast burrito, but it hit the spot. Food aside, I was intrigued with Qualcomm's claim that its new chipset can wirelessly stream lossless audio in 24-bit resolution at a sampling rate of 192kHz—no down sampling required. Yowser!</p><p>
Streaming at high resolutions and sampling rates theoretically renders the timbre and personality of individual instruments—including voices—more accurately, and it eliminates that cold and thin character that some claim to hear in digital audio. Personally, I think digital audio got a bad rap from inferior analog-to-digital conversions back in the day.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2861866/qualcomms-allplay-promises-to-deliver-audiophile-quality-wireless-music-streaming.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Qualcomm's AllPlay promises to deliver audiophile-quality wireless music streaming
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: