Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask the iTunes Guy: Of missing genres and artist sorting  (Read 355 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 02, 2015, 09:00:20 pm »

Ask the iTunes Guy: Of missing genres and artist sorting

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
In this week’s column, I examine a host of iTunes questions. I look at a bug in iTunes 12, where deleting the genre tag creates a blank genre. I discuss an issue where a reader couldn’t import AAC files into iTunes. I explain how to combine a pre-ordered single with an album. And I show how to sort artists by their last name.</p><h2>Editing genre tags</h2>
<p>
<strong>Q: I’ve noticed a new behavior with editing the Genre tag in iTunes 12. Previously, when I wanted to remove a Genre tag and not reassign it (keep it blank), deleting the genre tag from the Info window worked just fine—there was no genre assigned. Now, when I delete the genre, the track has a blank genre. Is there any way to fix this?</strong></p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2863739/ask-the-itunes-guy-of-missing-genres-and-artist-sorting.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Ask the iTunes Guy: Of missing genres and artist sorting
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: