Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Five lessons learned when switching cloud-hosted backups  (Read 346 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 16, 2015, 03:00:19 pm »

Five lessons learned when switching cloud-hosted backups

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
I’ve been using CrashPlan for several years and have accumulated an enormous archive of files, online and in local storage, using their software. But over time, I’ve had so many troubles keeping CrashPlan running reliably on one of my computers that I was ready to switch that one Mac to a different cloud-storage system.</p><p>
However, with terabytes archived online and on a local drive, and about 1.3TB of data that I’d ideally like to back up with a new service, that’s easier said than done. If you’re in a similar situation, or even trying to get started with a comprehensive backup plan, these lessons I’ve taken away from the transition will help.</p><p>
The upfront, before we get into details? If you have a low-rate upstream broadband connection or your ISP caps your monthly usage or charges overage fees, you may not be in a position to swap services without some additional effort, described throughout. If you have 10Mbps or faster upstream and a cap of 300GB or more each month, you’re likely suited to make a switch without too much pain.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3001673/storage/five-lessons-learned-when-switching-cloud-hosted-backups.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Five lessons learned when switching cloud-hosted backups
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: