Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Senior Vice President Eddy Cue Joins Ferrari's Board of Directors  (Read 535 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 07, 2012, 07:00:34 pm »

Apple Senior Vice President Eddy Cue Joins Ferrari's Board of Directors

Eddy Cue, Apple's head of Internet Software and Services (including Siri and Maps), has joined Ferrari's board of directors. Cue is a bit of a sports car buff and says he has owned a Ferrari for five years.

Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo said Cue's "huge experience in the dynamic, innovative world of the Internet will be of great assistance to [the company]." Di Montezemolo met Apple CEO Tim Cook earlier this year at a Stanford University event. He praised Apple, saying the two companies "are connected by the same passion, the same love for the product, maniacal attention to technology, but also to design."

I am pleased and proud to become a member of the board. I have personally dreamed of owning a Ferrari since I was 8 years old and have been lucky to be an owner for the past 5 years. I continue to be awed by the world-class design and engineering that only Ferrari can do. Cue was recently profiled as a "master negotiator and product resuscitator" after he was given charge of Siri and Maps. The Ferrari press release was noticed by AppleInsider.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Microsoft Releases 'Xbox SmartGlass' for iPhone and iPad
• Apple Sells Out of Meager iPhone 5 Launch Stocks in India
• Jony Ive is Now Playing the Steve Jobs Role
• Apple Now Selling Lightning to Micro USB Adapter in the US
• iPad Mini Already Installed in Car Dashboard

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/07/apple-senior-vice-president-eddy-cue-joins-ferraris-board-of-directors/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: