Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Dodocase mini iPad mini case is a book lover's dream  (Read 434 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:58 pm »

Review: Dodocase mini iPad mini case is a book lover's dream

Despite my addiction to all things digital, I’ll always love the feel of a good hardcover book. They may be harder to read in bed than, say, an iPad mini, but the heft and weight of a hardcover add something special to the experience of reading—something I miss when I’m just flipping through digital pages on my iPad or iPhone.

The Dodocase mini ($60 to $85, depending on cover configuration, personalization, and camera hole), for Apple’s smaller iPad, isn’t quite a hardcover book, but it brings forth all the qualities I love about books.

The basics of the case are very similar to those of the original Dodocase for iPad (and every subsequent version): a bound, hardcover shell with a bamboo tray for your digital device. Its cover can be folded back to create a nice typing plane, and the case has embedded magnets in the cover to sleep and wake your device (if told to do so in the Settings app).

But I’m very happy to say that the Dodocase mini’s bamboo frame is vastly superior to that of the original 2010 model, which was prone to cracking and corner clips. The mini version does this, however, without replicating the plasticky feel favored by competing manufacturers—to Dodocase’s advantage, I think, as I prefer my bamboo to feel slightly worn, rather than perfectly smooth; it adds a homespun quality to the case.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2030203/review-dodocase-mini-ipad-mini-case-is-a-book-lovers-dream.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: