Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dodocase Durables sleeve style case provides basic iPad protection on the go  (Read 392 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 04, 2013, 03:01:04 pm »

Dodocase Durables sleeve style case provides basic iPad protection on the go

While there are a lot of cases out there that encapsulate your iPad for all around protection all the time, some prefer to use the iPad "naked," so to speak. So for those who like the raw feel of the iPad, the Durables Sleeve ($65) by Dodocase is a viable option for your iPad 2 and third- or fourth-generation iPad. The waxy canvas exterior and felt-lined interior provides protection for when you're transporting your iPad, or when keeping it on the coffee table for extended periods.

Because it's a sleeve-style case, by nature the Durables Sleeve only offers protection when you aren't using your iPad, unless you're listening to music or charging your iPad, which can be done with the case on. (Not both mind you, as the charging port and headphone port positioned on opposite ends of the iPad prevents this while it's in the case.)

I found the Durables case to be pretty effective at keeping my iPad safe while in transport, and felt comfortable keeping it in my bag while traveling. The iPad fits snuggly in the case, which was nice most of the time, but a occasionally a hindrance—specifically, when inserting or removing the iPad, this snugness would cause the case to toggle the mute switch. This unwanted toggle flip cased my iPad to sound off multiple email alerts while I was in class, so be sure to keep an eye on it.
Photo credit: Albert FiliceThe side of the case occasionally catches on the mute/orientation-lock switch.
The case is made of a waxed canvas, which has an interesting texture unlike what I thought it would be from just a glance. It feels a bit more waxy than it seems—perhaps to repel light water splashes—but because of this infused wax, the Durables Sleeve is susceptible to changes in appearance. I could easily leave scratch marks on the surface with my finger nails, and bending the case also produced a similar effect. I didn't mind this, but some people that saw the case noticed the marks and commented that they didn't like their appearance.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2025422/dodocase-durables-sleeve-style-case-provides-basic-ipad-protection-on-the-go.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: