Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Email overload? Check out SaneBox  (Read 438 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 21, 2013, 03:01:10 pm »

Email overload? Check out SaneBox

Today I wanted to give you a brief tour of a tool I’ve been relying on for a while to keep my email inbox under control.

A couple of months ago, I was moderating a panel where I interviewed some smart/savvy Mac users about their various workflows. In the course of that conversation, I found that every single one of them was using a service called SaneBox to keep their email in check. I hadn't heard of it before, so I decided to try it out.

Wheat, chaff
SaneBox is a Web service that keeps an eye on Gmail (or other IMAP) mailboxes and makes some intelligent choices about which messages do and don’t belong in your inbox. The ones it decides you don’t need to see it reroutes to a couple of special mailboxes, which you can review at your leisure. What that means is that your inbox stays uncluttered with unnecessary stuff, but you never lose a message.

As I say, SaneBox works with Gmail, but because I use Mail as a desktop client, it also shows up there. Here’s what those SaneBox mailboxes look like: There’s SaneLater, which is for general stuff that the service has determined I can look at later. There’s SaneBulk, for messages it’s determined were sent to mass-mailing lists. There’s SaneNews, where it puts email newsletters. And then there’s a mailbox called SaneBlackHole: Drag a message in there, and anything else from that sender in the future will be automatically be sent to the Trash.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2042617/email-overload-check-out-sanebox.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: