Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands-on with Next Issue magazine app for iPhone  (Read 404 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 31, 2013, 11:01:15 am »

Hands-on with Next Issue magazine app for iPhone

Back in July 2012, Next Issue Media brought its all-you-can-read magazine subscription service to the iPad. For $10 a month, you get access to 109 magazines including Bon Appetit, ESPN The Magazine, Glamour, Motor Trend, and Rolling Stone. $15 gives you 121 magazines to choose from—all those from the $10 group plus the likes of Entertainment Weekly, Bloomberg Businessweek, People, and The New Yorker. (You can view the full list on the Next Issue website.)

Although Next Issue also works with Android tablets, and Windows 8 tablets and PCs, smaller iOS devices have been left out of the party. Not anymore. On Wednesday, Next Issue released a version of its app that brings support to the iPhone and iPod touch.

Can you read this?

I got a chance to play around with the new app, and my initial opinion is this: It’s nice to have another way to enjoy magazines, but you have to really love them to want to spend a lot of time reading them on (at best) a 4-inch screen. The app itself performed well on the iPod touch the company sent me. It’s nicely designed for iOS 7, offers an attractive Cover Flow-like interface when in landscape mode, and provides a number of sorting options so you can view your magazines in the way that makes sense for you. Here are some observations with several different magazines.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2059201/hands-on-with-next-issue-magazine-app-for-iphone.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: