Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands on: Briefs is an ambitious tool for prototyping iOS apps  (Read 308 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 01, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

Hands on: Briefs is an ambitious tool for prototyping iOS apps

“I’ve got a great idea for an app!”

That’s probably a sentiment most of us have uttered at some point over the last few years. But relatively few of us probably have any idea how to turn said concept into an actual app. Martian Craft’s Briefs aims to change that by providing a you with the tools you need to prototype your app, taking your idea from “under construction” to “that thing’s operational!”

Keep in mind Briefs isn’t actually for programming apps—it’s not a replacement for Apple’s Xcode. In my admittedly short time using it, the software it most reminded me of was actually Keynote: You arrange elements to mock up an iPhone app (or iPad app), deciding what screens you’ll need, how you get back and forth between those screens, and even what your app will look like on different iOS devices.

An overview lets you visualize how the various screens in your app will be connected.

Each app prototype contains one or more timelines, which essentially represent a workflow for a specific iOS device: Your options are an iPhone, an iPhone 5, or an iPad. Each timeline is composed of scenes, which each represent a single app screen, complete with attendant buttons, sliders, text fields, and more. For each of these elements, you can specify what it looks like when disabled, or when a user is actively touching it.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2036963/hands-on-briefs-is-an-ambitious-tool-for-prototyping-ios-apps.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: