Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Handoff and Continuity: What if they don't 'just work'?  (Read 342 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 12, 2014, 03:00:27 pm »

Handoff and Continuity: What if they don't 'just work'?

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Handoff and Continuity are the biggest gee-whiz features in OS X Yosemite and iOS 8. The ability to start composing an email, view a web page, or work on a document on one device, then switch to another, could actually merit the use of the word “magical,” which Apple has applied to a number of its new products.</p><p>
Except when it doesn’t work.</p><p>
  In the month Yosemite has been out, I’ve gone through an arduous process to get Handoff, Continuity, and even AirDrop to work. While the features work most of the time, they don’t always work, and still not on all of my devices. The exceptions so far have been phone calls and SMS forwarding, which worked from the beginning—when my iPhone rings, my office resounds in a symphony of asynchronous ringing from my various Apple devices.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2846436/handoff-and-continuity-what-if-they-dont-just-work.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Handoff and Continuity: What if they don't 'just work'?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: