Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse T631 review: Slim, gesture-enabled mouse is great for travel  (Read 564 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 20, 2013, 11:01:16 am »

Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse T631 review: Slim, gesture-enabled mouse is great for travel

The trackpad on Apple’s MacBook models is pretty great, but trackpads aren’t ideal when it comes to ergonomics—a separate mouse or trackpad, off to the side, is better for your fingers, hands, and wrists. So except for those times when I’m actually using my laptop on my lap—and, thus, don’t have a flat surface to host a mouse or Magic Trackpad—I always have an external pointing device handy.

If you mainly use your MacBook at a desk, you can use any full-size, ergonomic pointing device. But when it comes to travel, a mouse presents a couple challenges. First, few travel-friendly mice support the kinds of Multi-Touch gestures Mac users have become accustomed to. Second, those that do—such as Apple’s own Magic Mouse—are large and heavy enough that you definitely notice them in your bag. (Apple’s Magic Trackpad is thin enough to slip into most laptop bags, but it’s heavy.)

Logitech’s $70 Bluetooth Ultrathin Touch Mouse T631 for Mac aims to solve those challenges by offering Multi-Touch features in a tiny, lightweight design that’s stylish and sturdy enough to earn a spot next to your MacBook. (Though designed for portable use, the T631 works fine with any desktop Mac.)

Thin is in

The first thing you notice about the T631 is that the word Ultrathin in its name is an apt descriptor: The mouse is roughly 3.4 inches long and 2.3 inches wide at its widest point—already small for a mouse—but it’s just 0.7 inches thick at its thickest point. That’s about a third of the height of my current travel mouse, Logitech’s Anywhere MX (see the image below). And at just 2.4 ounces, the extra weight in your bag is barely noticeable. It slips into a pocket of your laptop bag—or even your jeans—without adding bulk or bulge.To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2064272/logitech-ultrathin-touch-mouse-t631-review-slim-gesture-enabled-mouse-is-great-for-travel.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: