Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: The revamped Wunderlist 2.0 sports shared lists, better organizational tools for iOS  (Read 307 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 05, 2013, 03:01:04 pm »

Review: The revamped Wunderlist 2.0 sports shared lists, better organizational tools for iOS

I'm terrible at keeping track of things, so much so that my dentist once threatened to put a GPS tracker on me. I typically operate on a day-to-day basis; my appointments either involve me arriving three hours early or breathless, panic-stricken and just in the nick of time. As such, I kind of took as a little bit of serendipity when I started using 6Wundkinder's free Wunderlist 2.0. Finally, a tool designed to help me fix my pathological lack of organization.

A reboot of the Berlin-based app company’s already popular to-do list manager, Wunderlist 2.0 is buttery-smooth and almost completely painless to make use of. Its smart lists (which ensure that you'll never see anything but what is most relevant), in-app notifications, e-mail alerts, and Facebook integration are just some of the features that make Wunderlist a breeze to utilize.

Depending on the device you're running the app on—it’s a universal app for all iOS devices and runs as a browser extension and a Mac app as well—the actual look of Wunderlist’s interface might vary somewhat, but it seems to follow the same basic formula. A menu bar along the left-hand side keeps track of what lists you’re working with. To add a new to-do list, simply tap “add a list” and give it a name. When in a specific list, touch the top input box labeled “add an item,” and you'll be able to add items one by one. Hit next to continue increasing your stable of tasks, hit done to finish. In this respect, Wunderlist is all but elementary.

Things get a little more interesting and a tad more elaborate once you start fine-tuning individual tasks. With Wunderlist 2.0, you won't just be assigning an alert to item, but you also have the ability to generate sub-tasks, due dates, notes, reminders, and even recurring tasks around an item. It can’t force users to want to make lists, but helps the organizationally challenged stay on top of things.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2033028/review-the-revamped-wunderlist-2-0-sports-shared-lists-better-organizational-tools-for-ios.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: