Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verizon Including Mobile Hotspot in iPad Data Plans at No Additional Charge  (Read 520 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 09, 2012, 03:00:29 am »

Verizon Including Mobile Hotspot in iPad Data Plans at No Additional Charge

GottaBeMobile reports that Verizon has officially announced that its data plans for the new iPad Wi-Fi + 4G will include mobile hotspot functionality at no additional charge.  The feature allows users to share the device's cellular connection, broadcasting it as Wi-Fi signal that can be used to provide data connectivity for notebook computers and other devices.What I didn’t see when I went looking for [details] is how much extra mobile hotspot costs. On Verizon, adding this feature on phones adds an extra $20/month but also an extra 2GB of data, meaning you can get up to 12GB in a month if you’re willing to pay $100.

However, a Verizon Wireless spokesperson informed me that for tablets (including the new iPad), the mobile hotspot feature is included in the data plan’s price. iPad owners won’t have to pay extra to activate mobile hotspot, even with the 1GB plan.

AT&T has yet to announce specific plans for mobile hotspot functionality on the new iPad, as a statement provided to 9to5Mac indicates that the carrier is "working with Apple" on the issue, but isn't offering this capability at all at the moment.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• RadioShack Offering Pre-Orders for New iPad via $50 Gift Card Purchase
• NASA and Rovio Release First Gameplay Video From Angry Birds Space
• Apple Extends 'iSight' Name to iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 Rear Cameras
• New iPad Appears to Utilize Qualcomm's MDM9600 Baseband Chip
• Shipping Estimates for New Apple TV Slip to 1-2 Weeks

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/08/verizon-including-mobile-hotspot-in-ipad-data-plans-att-still-working-with-apple/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: