Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I carry over my Apple Watch settings or do a clean watchOS 4 install?  (Read 297 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 19, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »

Should I carry over my Apple Watch settings or do a clean watchOS 4 install?

Which is better: starting over fresh with watchOS 4 or keeping my current settings?

When you install watchOS 4, you have the option of starting over fresh with a clean install or you can install the software while maintaining all of the apps and settings you're used to working with. It all depends on your preferences and usage habits as to which option is best for you.

Why a clean install of watchOS 4 is a good idea

A clean install is tabula rasa — you get to start over anew, making an older Apple Watch feel like a brand new Apple Watch and helping to keep your new Apple Watch feel as squeaky clean as the day you bought it.

This also gives you a chance to ditch all the data that may be stored on your Apple Watch that you don't need. You can then purge that data from your iPhone while you're at it. Think of it like cleaning out the garage before winter comes so that you can start parking your car in there.

Since most of the data on your Apple Watch is already communicated t...

Source: Should I carry over my Apple Watch settings or do a clean watchOS 4 install?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: