Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is huge: FCC chairman's strong net neutrality proposal turns the Internet into a public utility  (Read 328 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 05, 2015, 09:00:16 pm »

This is huge: FCC chairman's strong net neutrality proposal turns the Internet into a public utility

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler just pulled out the big gun in the net neutrality battle: In an op-ed published on Wired, Wheeler announced a proposal to invoke the agency’s Title II authority, which would allow the FCC to regulate broadband Internet service as a public utility, similar to phone service. And he did so in strong, no-nonsense terms:</p>

<p>
“Using this authority, I am submitting to my colleagues the strongest open internet protections ever proposed by the FCC. These enforceable, bright-line rules will ban paid prioritization, and the blocking and throttling of lawful content and services. I propose to fully apply—for the first time ever—those bright-line rules to mobile broadband.”</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2879041/fcc-chairmans-strong-net-neutrality-plan-turns-the-internet-into-a-public-utility.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: [
url=http://www.macworld.com/article/2879041/fcc-chairmans-strong-net-neutrality-plan-turns-the-internet-into-a-public-utility.html#tk.rss_all]This is huge: FCC chairman's strong net neutrality proposal turns the Internet into a public utility[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: