Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new MacBook is cool, but the PowerBook Duo was cooler  (Read 501 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 18, 2015, 09:00:12 am »

The new MacBook is cool, but the PowerBook Duo was cooler

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
With all the excitement last week over the new MacBook, it seems only right and proper that today Think Retro turns its attention to Apple’s original superlight laptop, the PowerBook Duo.</p><p>
The Duo is easily in my top five favorite Apple computers of all time because the whole concept is just so intensely pleasing. Let me explain.</p><p>
PowerBook Duos were small, light, capable laptop computers. Actually, I need to caveat all of that! It was still nearly an inch and a half thick, and at 4.2 pounds, it nevertheless weighed more than two of the new MacBooks. And even though the last model got one of the spangly new PowerPC processors, they were definitely both slow even by the standards of the day and they didn’t even have a floppy drive far less a CD-ROM or Ethernet. But the real joy and genius of the PowerBook Duo is that you could either attach one to a small portable dock or, best of all, slide it into a big desktop dock, and by adding ports, extra storage and features, it transformed into a highly usable desktop system.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2897715/the-new-macbook-is-cool-but-the-powerbook-duo-was-cooler.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The new MacBook is cool, but the PowerBook Duo was cooler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: