Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outlook 2011 to Mail migration: When mbox goes bad  (Read 375 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 22, 2015, 09:00:11 am »

Outlook 2011 to Mail migration: When mbox goes bad

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
There I was, ready to impress my new IT clients with how easy Outlook 2011 makes it to create mbox folders to import into Mail. Simply drag a folder to the Yosemite Desktop. What the heck? Did Outlook just rubber-band me? It did it again! Well, of all the…It worked before. On the other hand, dragging single and multiple messages to the desktop to produce individual EML files—which Mail doesn’t understand—worked just fine. How nice.</p><p>
After wasting several minutes explaining to my clients how this method really did work once upon a time, I went to plan B. Alas, since I’d only allotted time for plan A, plan B involved forking over $30 for dedicated Outlook email export software. It was worth it under the circumstances, but if I’d done my homework, and left myself a bit more time, plan B would’ve been one of the methods below.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2870780/outlook-2011-to-mail-migration-when-mbox-goes-bad.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Outlook 2011 to Mail migration: When mbox goes bad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: