Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private I: Apple's Chinese market share may affect security judgment  (Read 288 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 01, 2015, 09:00:09 pm »

Private I: Apple's Chinese market share may affect security judgment

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Google apparently doesn’t mind picking a fight with China. In 2010, unable to find a basis in which it could operate its services with minimal filtering or interference, and after attacks reported to originate in China against the company’s internal mail and other systems, it shifted its search results from mainland China to servers in Hong Kong. Hong Kong operates under a special status, though it is part of the People’s Republic. Mainland searchers had to use workarounds to perform searches via Google in Hong Kong and elsewhere.</p><p>
In late 2014, China blocked retrieving Gmail via email clients using IMAP and POP3 and sending via SMTP. Webmail has been intermittently heavily disrupted. China has also stepped up its blocking of virtual private networks (VPNs) and other connections, preventing tens of millions of people in China, if not more, from accessing resources outside the country that are blocked by the Great Firewall of China. (I discussed the Great Firewall and Great Cannon, an offensive weapon, a few weeks ago.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2916901/private-i-apples-chinese-market-share-may-affect-security-judgment.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Private I: Apple's Chinese market share may affect security judgment
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: