Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ulysses for iPad 2.0 review: Powerful, feature-filled text editor hampered by file sync  (Read 398 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 05, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »

Ulysses for iPad 2.0 review: Powerful, feature-filled text editor hampered by file sync

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Last year, I reviewed Ulysses III for OS X, explaining that it “is much more than just a Markdown editor […] as it includes a good number of organizational features.” Since then, The Soulmen, the app’s developer, has updated the OS X app to version 2, and introduced an iPad app. The $20 Ulysses for iPad attempts to reproduce the OS X experience—interface and features—on an iPad, and does so quite well.</p><p>
I prefer using apps that have both iOS and OS X versions: I find it makes my computing experience smoother if I shift between devices. If you feel that way, you know that the iOS version of your favorite app can’t be an exact copy of the OS X version, but you want it to be as close as possible. The Soulmen previously released an iPhone app called Daedalus Touch, which offers some compatibility with Ulysses, but does so in a confusing manner. Ulysses for iPad, however, is nearly a mirror image of the OS X app, allowing you to smoothly switch from one to the other.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2917790/ulysses-for-ipad-20-review-powerful-feature-filled-text-editor-hampered-by-file-sync.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Ulysses for iPad 2.0 review: Powerful, feature-filled text editor hampered by file sync
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: