Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private I: The App Store's weaknesses and problems already solved  (Read 355 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 24, 2015, 03:00:12 am »

Private I: The App Store's weaknesses and problems already solved

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
It’s the easiest thing in the world to write a headline that tells you to panic; it’s much harder to write one that says something is very wrong, but the odds of it occurring are very low and getting lower. Last week’s release of a research paper that showed exploits that were possible in App Store-approved software in iOS and OS via intra-application shared resources was significant. However, most of the media covering it (including us) got the nuance right.</p><p>
The App Store wasn’t compromised, nor is there a way for Internet-distributed malware to make good use of these flaws. Rather, through lengthy work that included consultation with software makers and Apple, it seems that the exploits were grossly mitigated before the paper was released. Finer steps to root out the spots that can be vectors for attack will clearly come.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2938902/private-i-the-app-stores-weaknesses-and-problems-already-solved.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Private I: The App Store's weaknesses and problems already solved
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: