Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Vevo plans to get you hooked on music videos again  (Read 371 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 12, 2016, 09:00:14 am »

How Vevo plans to get you hooked on music videos again

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
In theory, Vevo should be one of my favorite streaming-video apps.</p><p>
I’m a big music fan, and Vevo is like a modern interpretation of classic MTV, serving up more than 150,000 music-video streams on demand. Yet whenever I install Vevo on one of my TV-streaming boxes, I find myself liking the idea more than the product itself. Unless you’re into the Top 40, sitting down with Vevo for a long listening session can feel like too much hassle.</p><p>
This hasn’t been a huge issue for Vevo the business, which gets much of its revenue by licensing music videos to other sites, such as YouTube. (The company is a joint venture between Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, Google, and Abu Dhabi Media.) But lately, the company has realized it ought to take more pride in its own apps. In April, Vevo brought on a new CEO, Erik Huggers, who previously tried (unsuccessfully) to reinvent TV under Intel, and the company is hiring many more product engineers to improve Vevo’s own apps.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3032170/streaming-services/how-vevo-plans-to-get-you-hooked-on-music-videos-again.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How Vevo plans to get you hooked on music videos again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: