Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little less color: Seeing Apple through color blind eyes  (Read 471 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 30, 2016, 04:05:22 pm »

A little less color: Seeing Apple through color blind eyes

Former lead editor at Macworld, Jason Snell has covered Apple and other tech companies for two decades. You can find him at Six Colors, and the The Incomparable, Upgrade, and Clockwise podcasts.

*/

/*-->*/

/*-->*/

When I was in first grade, I took a strange test in which I had to identify numbers hidden in a field of small circles.

I don't remember taking it, but I do remember the result: My mother said that we received a letter declaring that I was color blind. Even as a little kid, my reaction was to laugh it off as ridiculous — I could see colors, all of them. What a stupid test.

But in college a friend complimented my sweater by saying she liked its shade of green — my blue sweater. A girlfriend's gray socks (probably needing a little bleach?) were actually light pink. That letter was right: I am a mild deutan, with a deficiency of red-green sight (deuteranomaly) that I share with roughly five percent of the male population.

Out of sight, out of mind

Whil...

Source: A little less color: Seeing Apple through color blind eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: