Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hit the road, Jack: Apple's reasons for killing the headphone port  (Read 374 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 11, 2016, 04:05:15 pm »

Hit the road, Jack: Apple's reasons for killing the headphone port

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
We knew for a while that, based on reliable reports, the iPhone 7 would not have a traditional headphone jack. The question I had going into Wednesday’s Apple media event was not if the company would kill the headphone jack, but how it would explain the act.</p><p>
I got my answer on Wednesday. And it was actually a whole lot more than I expected.</p><h2>Reason 1: Lightning</h2>
<p>
The versatility of the Lightning port–it can transfer data and power in both directions–was at the top of Apple’s list. Apple’s Phil Schiller described several good reasons why you might prefer a Lightning port on headphones, including the ability to power noise-cancelling headphones without needing batteries.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3118104/iphone-ipad/hit-the-road-jack-apples-reasons-for-killing-the-headphone-port.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Hit the road, Jack: Apple's reasons for killing the headphone port
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: