Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired of having your credit-card number stolen? Just make up a new one!  (Read 348 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 21, 2016, 04:05:13 pm »

Tired of having your credit-card number stolen? Just make up a new one!

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Regular readers of this column will recall that earlier this year, I had three credit-card numbers stolen across a few months. This has led me to express joy and wonder at the growth of Apple Pay in the real world and for in-app physical purchases, and of course Apple Pay in Safari, coming to Sierra and iOS 10. (Android Pay and other options are also coming to Web-based ecommerce.)</p><p>
But we can’t use Apple Pay everywhere. That’s where a product like Final may remain useful for some time. Final revives and improves on an idea that merchant banks introduced many years ago: virtual, sometimes disposable, credit-card numbers. I recall using this as early as 2004 with a Chase card. In that model, you go to a website, make some choices, and generate a card. The process was a little ugly, only available for some cards, and didn’t seem to be available for long.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3118298/ios/tired-of-having-your-credit-card-number-stolen-just-make-up-a-new-one.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Tired of having your credit-card number stolen? Just make up a new one!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: