Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth  (Read 378 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 27, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Anyone who has looked at automatically-generated subtitles on YouTube can tell you that asking a computer to describe what a human says can lead to hilarious results. Now, Apple has brought that issue to iOS 10 with support for transcribing voicemails.</p><p>
It’s a cool feature that makes it easy to know what your Aunt Matilda said about the gastrointestinal problems her dog is having, without actually having to listen to a three-minute-long, blow-by-blow description. But be careful about trusting it—or reading the transcriptions around sensitive eyes.</p><p>
I learned that the hard way Thursday when someone left me a message about a reorder special on a wine club shipment. Except my iPhone didn’t hear it that way, proudly telling me about “wearing your c**k s**t.”</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3123754/ios/well-i-never-ios-10s-voicemail-transcription-has-a-potty-mouth.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: