Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get the Siri experience in an older car with AirPods  (Read 334 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 03, 2017, 04:05:25 pm »

How to get the Siri experience in an older car with AirPods

The Bluetooth headset is back, baby.

When I visit my folks in LA, I on rare occasions will borrow one of their vehicles to visit other friends in the periphery — a pal in Studio City, an acquaintance in Silverlake, or maybe even a Griffith Park jaunt by my lonesome. They're very generous with their car time, and I, in turn, repay them by not mucking with their car stereo and adding my phone to their lengthy Bluetooth device list.

In part, that's for my own sanity: My mother's car has poor microphone placement and occasionally spotty Bluetooth, meaning that any attempts to tell Siri to "call Rene Ritchie" end up more like "tall Renaissance Rich Eeze." Not something you want to fight with when you're simultaneously fighting with traffic on a five-lane highway.

After getting the AirPods over Christmas, however, I've discovered a better way: the AirPod Earpiece maneuver.

Obligatory safety note: If you want to use AirPods in the car, please only use one, and don't use it for mus...

Source: How to get the Siri experience in an older car with AirPods
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: