Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use your iPhone or iPad as a wireless hotspot  (Read 373 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 26, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »

How to use your iPhone or iPad as a wireless hotspot

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p><span style="line-height: 1.75em;">Back in January, while I was helping or sister site PCWorld with CES coverage, my Internet blinked out. After scurrying around the house in a panic—I was in the middle of a story—my sister came to the rescue with her iPad, which she set up as an Internet hot spot. </span></p><p><span style="line-height: 1.75em;">Whew.</span></p><p><span style="line-height: 1.75em;">Setting up a wireless hotspot on your iOS device is a simple process, and it’s useful for more than bailing out freaked-out freelance tech journalists. Here’s how to go about it.</span></p><p><span style="line-height: 1.75em;">Before you begin, you’ll need to make sure your cellular service plan supports the wireless hotspot feature. If it doesn’t, check with your carrier for plan pricing and availability. Also, you’ll need to make sure your iPhone or iPad has mobile data switched on.  Lastly, keep in mind that any data you use will most likely count against your plan’s data cap, so you’ll want to avoid downloading massive files while on the hotspot.</span></p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3038882/ios/how-to-use-your-iphone-or-ipad-as-a-wireless-hotspot.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to use your iPhone or iPad as a wireless hotspot
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: